Thursday 18 August 2016

Viv in the spotlight


Today it's the turn of my team mate Viv to be in the spotlight following our current challenge to the DT to share either a technique that is new to them or one that they particularly enjoy using, so I will hand you over to her.................

"I received a card from a friend some time ago who had done the Faux Mother of Pearl technique so I thought I would give it a go. It was quite easy and overall I was pleased with how it turned out. It's simply done by using white acrylic paint, dragging across your base card then leaving to dry completely. By sponging or brushing Distress Inks over the dried acrylic paint you end up with lovely shimmery effects (which as with all things that shine are terrible to photograph to capture how it looks in real life!)


I used Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers and Shabby Shutters on the panel then stamped my image over it, adding teeny drops of Perfect Pearls onto the berries. I smudged the post mark stamp a little on the base card unintentionally and was going to do a new one but dear husband said 'postmarks are often smudged' so I left it alone!"

Many thanks for sharing Viv.

6 comments:

Fikreta said...

wonderful card!
Fiki

CJ said...

Wow.. this is gorgeous Brenda... Love the distressing.

HUgs
Catherine

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card, fabulous colours, Kate x

Pamellia said...

Beautiful colours, wow! :)

crafty-stamper said...

Postmarks can be smudged but these look perfect to me-fabulous background technique must try this one-and love the delicate image
carol x

Diane said...

Beautiful colors and design Brenda.

Hugs Diane